Martyn’s Learning Groups are unique, tailored and facilitated learning and growth experiences, for small peer groups of CEOs and high-performing senior executives within the sector.
If you’ve ever wished you could get the immediate thoughts of a bunch of highly trusted, highly experienced peers, who’ve been exactly where you are and can help you make more ojective, wise and proactive decisions, these groups are for you.
Groups typically comprise six to nine people, each of whom is committed to a minimum of six months membership, extendable by common consent for as long as participants feel it is valuable.
What some of the graduates from our previous Learning Groups have said:
“I am so grateful for you instigating this learning set, for your wisdom and insights. Thanks for playing such an important role at such a challenging time for all of us” Matt Hyde, CEO, The Scouts
“These group meetings have been a really great place to connect and learn. I’ve learnt a lot from you and my peers, and there’s lots to put into practice now” Irene Sobowale, CEO, Disabilities Trust
“The session on strategic innovation and impossible dreams was a highlight for me – and of course, that was made possible because of Martyn’s great skills in framing the right conversation. Thankyou” Mike Adamson, CEO, British Red Cross
“Your ability to get us organised; find the right topic for the right moment; provide pithy and thought provoking input and get us talking has been invaluable” James Blake, CEO, YHA England & Wales
“I really appreciate the support that I found in the learning set. It was both intellectually and psychologically a very supportive and safe place, and I learned a great deal” Martin Houghton-Brown, CEO, St John Ambulance
“I have found the sessions hugely beneficial and have really enjoyed them” Eliot Lyne, Director of Operations, Essex Wildlife Trust
What you get:
The value group members describe getting from their participation typically includes:
- “Powerful insights from other organisations and leaders who are meeting similar challenges with often radically different solutions”
- “Incredible support, inspiration and challenge from a completely objective and highly experienced peer group who intuitively understand”
- “Strengthened and extended networks of close, trusted contacts and collaborators across the sector”
- “Half a dozen really sharp minds, ready and willing to give me their perspectives on my big decisions”
- “Regular access to Martyn, his breadth of expertise, and his invaluable insights and advice”
- “The cadence and enforced discipline to create the time and space to think strategically and differently, outside of my organisation”
What it entails:
I help you connect with others in the community who are interested in the experience, and who I think would be a good match for you. It’s ultimately your collective decision who to include and whether to go ahead, but I’ll give you a my best advice and make connections for you.
- Before the first session I’ll ask you to provide some “about me” background to share, and some top priority topics you want to explore, and I’ll schedule the initial agendas accordingly.
- Group sessions typically run every two weeks, alternating between 1-hour “case study” topics where we dive into a live issue for one or more of the group, and 2-hour “developmental” sessions where we go deeper into topics based on group interests and needs.
- Throughout the programme the group has 24/7 access to me and to each other, through a secure on-line forum, for any urgent questions and help, further information sharing and ongoing dialogue on any topics you want to cover.
- Halfway through each cycle I’ll also do 1:1 confidential reviews with each participant to ensure the process is working for them, and suggest any tweaks or changes that might benefit the group.
Examples of what previous groups’ sessions have covered:
- Thinking big
- Visionary strategy
- Strategies for uncertainty
- Financial sustainability
- Making the big calls
- Leading change and transformation
- High performance leadership team
- Developing the next tier of leadership
- Driving innovation for impact and income
- Leading and engaging culture change
- Creating an agile organisation
- Building a genuinely inclusive organisation
- The future of volunteering
Fee to join a learning group is £900 per person, per calendar quarter, with a minimum six-month commitment to begin with. If you are interested in joining or forming a group, just let me know, and we can have a brief chat to identify interests, outcomes, and some of the people that might best fit with you.